Abraham Lincoln Quote

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abraham Lincoln

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Additional comments for week #2

I have aquired some very useful pieces of information this week that I will take with me moving forward in my studies and career.

One of the most usefull is that different computers view the same web site differently. Previously I never considered this possibility but it explains why someone else will describe something different to me when I know we are visiting the same site. Additionally, it may be the reason why occasionally web pages look so ackward to me, perhaps they appeared appropriate to their designer.

Antoher piece of information I find helpful is the corrolation between file size and the amount of time it takes for a web page to open. I have been known to become irritated with lengthy page openings and clicked off myself, so now I know how to avoid creating something that will annoy others.

Lastly, I am glad to know the difference between jpeg, gif, and png. The transparency feature of gif and png is very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment